There are several ways of removing acne scars. The appearance of acne starts during puberty when the body actively produces hormones that causes too much sebum in the skin. This skin stage may pass but it would definitely leave marks to haunt your appearance forever. Treating acne scars can be done through natural and cheap methods. The methods described here are a lot cheaper compared to dermatological procedures that would probably cost a lot. However, acne scar treatment still depends on the mildness and severity of the scar.
Below are some of the techniques on removing acne scars naturally:
1. Hydration is the key. It has been proven that water is one of the best natural methods for removing acne scars and prevent acne breakouts. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water or more helps your skin to shed those unwanted dead skin cells.
2. Use Vitamin E capsule for those scars. You might apply it topically to the affected area by pricking a spot in the capsule and apply the oil to the scar. Another option is to take it orally to have that cell renewal from the inside.
3. Rosehip seed oil is also an effective remedy This is an anti-aging and anti-wrinkling oil which helps the skin to regenerate. Massage it on the scar twice a day.
4. Eating a balance diet. The more nutritious foods you include in your meal, the faster the scar will heal. It helps in building the skin cells and gives a healthy skin glow as well.
5. Combine rose water and sandal wood paste. Apply it on the spot where the scars are. Leave it overnight then rinse with cold water the next day.
Apart from the natural ways of removing acne scars, there are also dermatological procedures that would definitely give the same results. However, pregnancy and other health conditions might hinder undergoing some of them.
Here is a list of our favorite ones:
6. Dermabrasion is the removal of the top skin layer using a machine that chafes off the skin. Once the skin heals, the top layer will then have a smoother and clearer appearance.
7. Laser resurfacing is one of the most affordable anti-scar treatments available. It simply uses a high-energy light that would remove the fine scars and even prevent wrinkles.
8. Chemical peel is just like dermabrasion the only difference is that the top layer of the skin is peeled off using chemicals not machines. This is not a very advisable procedure since some people may have allergic reactions to the chemicals.
It’s your choice whether you would opt for the natural way or the dermatological way of acne scar reduction.